Monday, January 26, 2009

Super Bowl Week!

This is the first time I've ever been in the city where the Super Bowl was taking place. I can only assume it will be similar to when the MLB All-Star Game was in Milwaukee, only without that pesky tie.

Little storefronts with banners reading "OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL MERCHANDISE" have popped up everywhere, I think retail vacancies in Tampa are down to 0.01% this week.

I'll try to bring the camera around where I head off to this week. Both teams arrive in Tampa this afternoon and their fans will be sure to follow. We'll be certain to see some drunken out-of-towners wandering around!

UPDATE: I've already seen the Goodyear blimp floating/flying/whatever a blimp does around town this morning. If he gets close enough I'll try to snag a decent picture.

No comments: